Welcome to our website! Please have a look at the following pages to get an idea of our purpose built practice or even better, come in for a tour and meet the staff. Our practice is centrally located for easy access from most of Telford and there is plenty of safe, easy parking right outside the door.
Our veterinarian, Garth Tozer, is currently the only fulltime vet at the practice and this ensures continuity of care for your pet. We also use only a very limited number of locum vets when Garth is away. The aim of our vets and all our staff is for every owner and pet to feel at ease at all times and we believe we truly would be your pet's choice if he or she could decide where to be treated.
We are now the only non corporate owned practice in Telford and are very proud of our independant status and will continue to offer the personal care that has become synonymous with our veterinary centre.
Our first class facilities and equipment enable us to offer many professional services including consultations, vaccinations, microchips, surgery (routine neutering to more complex operations), radiography, laser therapy, laboratory testing, a grooming salon and much more. We also offer advice on correct nutrition and general care of your pet.
The festive period at the end of the year often means a lot of unusual foods around the house. These are greatly enjoyed by us humans but unfortunately some of them are toxic for our pets.
1. Chocolates are now quite well known as a toxin for dogs and cats - they can cause long lasting and sometimes fatal liver and kidney problems. Keep all chocolates well out of reach of your pets- preferably locked away. If your dog or cat does eat chocolates, contact the surgery ASAP. If we can get them in early enough, we can make your pets vommit up the chocolate before it can do too much damage.
2. Christmas cake and other foods containg raisins can also badly effect the kidneys of our pets and again if seen soon enough, we can make them vommit up the offending food.
3. Tree decorations can also cause a problem. Glass baubles can cause damage to the stomache and intestines and string can cause blockages in the gut. The "snow tips"on some Christmass trees can also be highly toxic and irreperably damage the liver.
4. Alcoholic drinks if ingested by pets can be toxic as well.
We hope you all have a lovely festive season but please make sure your pets stay safe and well too. If you are unsure of something they have eaten, just give us a call and we will try to advise you what your best course of action will be.